WINTER, SCARF AND BEANIE TIME !
Good morning everybody! It's been so long since my last article again. I have been very busy in
Madrid, making new friends, exploring the city, studying, and traveling. I went to Salamanca with my friends last weekend it was amazing. It's a very cute little city not too far from Madrid and Portugal. The weather was not the best, but we still managed to have a wonderful time. The food there was super good too! If you follow me on social media, you may have noticed that I've been flying back and forth between Madrid and Paris. I don't feel very homesick here, but it's always nice to get some extra time with my family and friends. Truth is that I haven't been in Paris for more than 2,5 weeks since January 2014. I love that I've been able to travel so much the past couple of months, but sometimes I also really miss my family and friends and my beautiful city: Paris. I'm such a Paris lover and sometimes I get very nostalgic when I see pictures of the city. Anyway, I'm moving back to Paris very soon and I'm super excited to go back during christmas time. As you may know, I'm moving to Los Angeles for the semester at the end of December, so I'll only have a few days of real winter. Here is my little routine and a few tips:
1. It's VERY important to moisturize you skin. In fact, my skin is always so dry in winter with the cold, and it doesn't look good at all! I've been using a CHANEL cream that I can't remember the name of (I forgot to bring it back a few week ends ago when I was in Paris). But honestly, any brand works just fine
2. When I moved to New York last semester I developed a lip balm addiction. I bought like 8 haha. My favorite brand EVER is " BURTS BEE". It's honestly the most amazing product ever. I love the smell, I love the feeling on my lips and it's so efficient. it's like magic. I also like the EOS kind of "balls". I have the pink one, the light green one ( I'm in love with the smell) and I have the baby blue one, that I have yet t try.
3. Infusions. I love infusions in winter time with my friends. I love the chamomile blend from Starbucks. It's super healthy, good for your body and perfect when it's so cold outside. It's a little expensive in Europe, but you can also do it at home when you are watching movies in your PJs and all. (omg it sounds so perfect, I wish I could do that instead of studying today ahah).
4. Scarf and beanies. I'm obsessed and you know that already. My favorite beanie is my red NEFF one. It's super warm and it always brings me back to New York city... ( I miss it crazy). I also LOVE wearing my Louis Vuitton blue Shawl that I got last year for christmas time. It's the most confortable thing ever and it's very chic. I do realize that it's super expensive and that not everyone can afford it. But I think that we all have a very special scarf that we love and feel so comfortable in and that's the most important. You don't necessarily need a designer scarf or beanie to look chic and trendy. I love the scarves at ZARA, you might want to check it out!
5. night strolls in the city. I used to be such a winter hater in the past. And I still am in a way I guess. But with time and ever since I became really interested in fashion, I have learnt how to "embrace" winter. For example, a few times a week now, I go out in the city at night and just look at all the christmas lights , I pay attention to people's outfit etc. And when I go home I of course have an infusion or a hot chocolate (my lover).
SOON: LPMode will soon disappear. In fact, a friend and I are about to open our own Fashion website. It won't be a blog anymore but an actual website with a Facebook page, a Twitter account, a Instagram account, a .com, and updates every day. I know that I haven't been the best blogger on this blog, but you'll be very surprised with the other one. We are hoping to launch this website around January. Until then I'll keep posting here.
- Christmas lights in Paris
- Christmas lights in Madrid
- My christmas wish list.
- What else do you want on LPMode?