vendredi 19 juillet 2013

Let's get lean ! 
Hello ! I'm really excited about this article. If you follow me on instagram, Twitter and even Tumblr, you may already know that I've been working out and eating eating healthy for almost 2 months now. I've definitely started to notice the changes on my body. In this article, I'll just tell you what I have been doing the past 2 months. 


So, basically, I've been working out for AT LEAST one hour 6 days out of 7. However, I don't want to be exhausted and to give up. As a result, every 3 weeks or so, I completely stop working out ( or just 1 or twice a week) so that it helps my body to rest. I have read on many websites that it's great to do that. I have also noticed that I have lost a lot of weight during this rest week. 


What kind of work out? 
Swimming, Running, aerobic class, biking, abs and butt exercises, body sculpt class, swedish gym class... And I'm much more active. I take the stairs, I try to walk instead of taking the subway ... And when I don't have time for a long work out, I do the level one of Jillian Micheals 30 day shred. It's a 20 min work out that is very efficient !! ( you can find the video on YouTube)

What do I eat ?
As it is VERY hot right now in Paris, I'm not really hungry and I also crave very fresh food. As a result, for breakfast I have fruits ( melon + tomato + a yogurt ). For lunch, I usually grab a salad ( carrots, beans, corn, ham, salad, tomato, pepper). And a mango smoothie ! For dinner, I have melon,  ham, gazpacho ( I don't know the english word for that. Basically it's a cold tomato soup or something lol). And a piece of cheese because I'm so French :P
Something to be mindful of : it's bad to restrict yourself. Eating healthy doesn't mean you have to eat small quantities of everything !! Just listen to your body. If you're hungry, eat. 

Do I eat healthy every single day? 
absolutely not ! When I'm out with friends, I have whatever I want. But to be honest, the less you eat junk food, the less you crave it... 



ADVICES : 

When you crave junk food : have it ! In a reasonable amount !!! If you don't have it now, the craving is gonna get worse and you'll binge ... and don't restrict yourself ! 

Don't weight yourself too much. In fact, muscles weight HEAVIER than fat. It's NORMAL to see your weight increase at first. It means you're growing muscles. 

If you don't have time to work out for 1 hour, do the 30 day shred thing of Jillian Micheals. like I said, it's very efficient. 

always TAKE BABY STEPS. Don't start working out like crazy everyday. No, if you're not used to working out, start by doing it twice a week. then 3,4,5 ...
Same with your eating habits. Don't worry if you have a lot of cravings and binge from times to times at first. It will take some time for your to adjust to this new lifestyle. Just do not give up !!! It's NORMAL. We are humans... ;)

Cardio exercices are the most efficient ones to lose weight.


-------------

This is basically what I've been doing these past 2 months. It's been working very well with me. However, I think we're all different. This may work for me but I don't know about you. I am not a nutritionist, I am not a doctor. I've written this article because I've been asked a lot about my work outs , my eating habits etc. 
Working out as much as I do can be dangerous for some people. You have to listen to your body, to be careful and maybe ask some advice to a professional. Try to adjust your lifestyle to a new heathy one . You have to be comfortable with your new habits.  Take baby steps ... and BE PATIENT. It takes time. It takes energy. it's HARD. But if you're motivated ... you can do it !!

PICTURES ARE FROM TUMBLR. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire